Assumptions Regarding the GIA Facetware® Look-Up Tables
· The predicted cut grade provided by the GIA Facetware® Look-Up Tables (the “Tables”) is an approximate prediction of the overall cut grade that a particular standard round brilliant diamond would receive from GIA based on GIA’s examination and measurement of the diamond’s proportions and other limiting parameters.
· The Tables provide an estimated cut grade by assuming default values for most of the diamond’s proportions and for the diamond’s polish and symmetry. Therefore, if the diamond’s actual proportions or finish are different than the assumed default values, the estimated cut grade provided by the Tables may not match the actual cut grade for that diamond. Users should consult the GIA Facetware® Cut Estimator for more precise cut grade estimations. The GIA Facetware® Cut Estimator allows the user to vary these default values for particular diamonds.
· The actual overall cut grade received from GIA for a diamond may differ from that predicted by the Tables for the following reasons:
o The diamond’s actual proportions (e.g., the crown angle of the diamond) or parameters (e.g., the symmetry of the diamond) as determined by GIA are different than the proportions or parameters for the diamond as input into or assumed by the Tables.
o The diamond’s star length, lower-half length, girdle thickness, girdle min, girdle max, culet size, polish, or symmetry are different than the stated default values used by the Tables.
o The diamond has been manufactured using non-standard brillianteering such that the diamond is significantly “painted” or “dug-out” (i.e., the diamond has its upper- and/or lower-half facets fashioned at tilt angles different than those traditionally used for standard round brilliant diamonds).
o The measurement accuracy and tolerances of different measurement methodologies and optical devices used to measure a diamond’s proportions or parameters may differ from those used by GIA.
· The Tables are intended to provide predicted cut grades for standard round brilliant diamonds on GIA’s D-to-Z scale of color only.
· The predicted cut grade is not a valuation, appraisal or guarantee and it is not a warranty or representation of the diamond’s final cut grade as determined by GIA. The predicted cut grade may not be referred to as any of the foregoing.
· The predicted cut grade is not a representation or warranty by GIA regarding the overall cut grade that a particular round brilliant diamond would receive from GIA based on the diamond’s proportions and other parameters.
· Proportion ranges shown in the Tables represent those most typically seen in the trade. Predicted cut grades for diamonds with proportions or parameters outside these ranges are not available.
· The Tables are intended for use with round brilliant diamond sizes 0.18 carats and larger.
· The Tables are provided “AS IS” and GIA makes no warranties or representations to you regarding the Tables or any estimated cut grade provided by the Tables.